YEAR 6 BIOLOGY
affect everyone. Some are helpful, while others are harmful.
TEACHER CURRICULUM RESOURCES:
The Marvellous micro-organisms unit is an ideal way to link science with literacy in the classroom. it provides opportunities for students to develop an understanding of the role of micro-organisms in food and medicine. Students investigate the conditions micro-organisms need to grow; learn about yeast and the bread making process, and research the development of penicillin.
Australian Curriculum Links:
- Biological Sciences: The growth and survival of living things are affected by the physical conditions of their environment (ACSSU094)
- Science As A Human Endeavour | Level:- 5/6Outcome Statement:- Science involves testing predictions by gathering data and using evidence to develop explanations of events and phenomena (ACSHE081) (ACSHE098)
- Important contributions to the advancement of science have been made by people from a range of cultures (ACSHE082) (ACSHE099)
- Scientific understandings, discoveries and inventions are used to solve problems that directly affect peoples’ lives (ACSHE083) (ACSHE100)
- Science Inquiry Skills | Level:- 5/6Outcome Statement:- With guidance, pose questions to clarify practical problems or inform a scientific investigation, and predict what the findings of an investigation might be (ACSIS231) (ACSIS232)
- With guidance, plan appropriate investigation methods to answer questions or solve problems (ACSIS086) (ACSIS103)
- Decide which variable should be changed and measured in fair tests and accurately observe, measure and record data, using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS087) (ACSIS104)
- Use equipment and materials safely, identifying potential risks (ACSIS088) (ACSIS105)